Friday, April 27, 2007

Ways To Fundraise

Paper Arts A Thon is a Fundraiser for ‘Joints in Motion’ and the Arthritis Society. Every participant has received a pledge sheet. I have had a few Paper Artists tell me that canvassing for pledges just isn’t easy for them to do.

I wanted to share with you some of the ‘creative’ alternatives they have come up with to raise money for ‘Joints in Motion’ and the ‘Arthritis Society’.

One Paper Artist is making handmade items and selling them. You may know her as Paper Memories and as she posted on her blog a while ago, she has raised $150. (Check out her Countdown to Paper Arts A Thon)

Another Paper Artist starting tucking ONE DOLLAR A DAY away, when this event was first announced.

Another ‘inventive’ and ‘ecological’ way to raise $$$’s is to turn in your recyclables and donate the dollars through your pledge sheet.

I had someone else tell me that canvassing for Pledges just isn’t for them and they are donating out of their own pocket what they might consider a ‘Registration Fee’ since there is no such fee to attend Paper Arts A Thon.

All great ideas! And all for a worthy cause! If you would like to share your ideas please post to the comments page.

See you on the 26th,
Happy Stamper
Myleta Ross

1 comment:

Jill MacDonald said...

hehehe...My total is now closer to $250....People love to buy home made stuff. I charged $2.50 a card and any altered projects, I asked for a donation...easy peasy!
Did I mention I absolutely HATE asking for donations?